ThetaHealing is a relatively new modality that was started by Vianna Stibal in 1994.
ThetaHealing is a meditational process that creates physical, psychological, and spiritual healing with focused meditation. When we connect to our subconscious mind, our brains automatically go into a Theta state of mind. This is the same brainwave that Hypnotherapy is done on. It is believed that through meditation and in this brainwave, reality can be changed or modified.
The ThetaHealing technique is based on the theory that the beliefs in a person’s conscious and unconscious mind directly impact their emotional well-being, which may impact their physical health. The practitioner uses meditation which tunes into a person’s energy with the aim to improve their general well-being and health by freeing, negative experiences, blocking thought patterns or genetically inherited patterns to create positive emotional wellbeing
ThetaHealing is very powerful and can create instantaneous healings. However, sometimes there are subconscious beliefs that cause a person to become diseased and unable to heal. During a session we work on finding and releasing these limiting beliefs that no longer serve you and replace them with positive energy which in turn will impact there well-being. Sometimes it takes some digging to find a bottom belief. When a bottom belief is found it is often uncomfortable and brings up a lot of emotions.
Similar to Reiki, the practitioner really is not the one doing the healing, they are only activating and witnessing the healing being done. When something is witnessed, it means that it is real.
What can ThetaHealing help with?
- Reducing or eliminating pain and disease
- Alleviates stress, deep relaxation, mental clarity
- Understand what it feels like to have joy, abundance, trust, respect, security, forgiveness
- Understanding what it feels like to be accepted, intuitive, loved, connected
- Resolving previous relationships and energetic divorces
- Releasing fear, resentment, rejection, regret, revenge, doubt, grief
- Calling for soul mates, retrieving soul fragments
What does a ThetaHealing session look like?
During a ThetaHealing session, the client and practitioner will sit opposite each other, holding hands, with eyes closed.
We often start with asking if there is anything that you want to work on, or if there is anything in your life that you would like changed. Muscle testing is done to confirm any beliefs around this issue. When doing muscle testing, the practitioner will slide their chair over so that they are diagonal to you and ask you to hold your thumb and pointer finger together firmly. They will ask you to state specific beliefs to find out if you strongly believe something to be true. Sometimes you will not consciously realize that you have a specific belief but your subconscious might believe it to be true.
Once the bottom belief is reached, this is when the practitioner will enter the Theta state. You will be asked permission for the practitioner to work on any beliefs or any feelings before it is actually done.
Muscle testing will be done again to see if the belief or feeling was changed.
Things to keep in mind:
- Anyone can access ThetaHealing, as long as there is an openness to meditation. There are no religious affiliations with ThetaHealing
- Drink lots of water prior to a ThetaHealing session- you must be hydrated for accurate muscle testing
- The practitioner will always ask first for your consent before changing any beliefs or downloading any feeling
- Things that get brought up can evoke strong emotions
- Your thoughts, words and actions become reality. Sometimes illnesses recreate themselves if you have not changed how you perceive certain situations
- This method is not meant to substitute professional medical care or treatment
*ThetaHealing is not a regulated form of treatment for Acupuncturists in Nova Scotia therefore can not be billed as an acupuncture service through your personal health benefits*